Welcome!


This is the official blog of the 2012 OU Epistemology Lab. I will post the drafts of papers that folks make available on the right sidebar. Feel free to post any comments related to the Lab, whether they be substantive philosophical ruminations on past presentations, suggested further readings on some topic, or whatever.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Here's the text of Pat's email, which accompanied his paper, for those of you who did not receive it:


"Hi everyone,

Next week I will be presenting some material from the attached paper [now posted on the sidebar], which I wrote for Wayne's seminar last semester. You are welcome to read the whole paper, but I will be focusing on the material from section 1.  In my presentation, I'll develop the argument that certain facts about computational complexity mean that human agents cannot take into account all of their beliefs when they entertain new hypotheses. I'll argue further that epistemologists should acknowledge this fact, and that in light of it they should revise their normative standards  to bring them within reach of real agents.  

See you on Thursday!

Pat"

No comments:

Post a Comment